They're baaack! by
on 2021-12-21 01:39:36 UTC
I DID MY WAITING! TWELVE YEARS OF IT! by
on 2021-12-01 08:12:29 UTC
Man, those two have gotten so jaded. I absolutely can't wait to see how that holds up against what comes next. I think Alabaster is actually canon? I vaguely remember someone of that name from a short story written by the author's son, a child of Hecate. But he was definitely more of an anti-hero sort. He fought for Kronos. I found him on the wiki!
Sorry I got to this mission so late, when you posted it I was deep in finals. I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed it.
on 2021-11-30 20:42:38 UTC
IN PPC WAITING ROOM!
Seriously, though, good to see you back on the battlefield, bro. The Big Thing™ cometh next, so let's have a little hors d'oeuvre first:
- For some reason, I'm always surprised about Ellie being this smart as a kid. I shouldn't, she's a Time Tot.
- That reminds me, I need to kickstart the OFUO. I got a permission from the original author to take over.
- "Zeb's eyebrows flew up" gave me a distubingly hilarious image of them going "See ya, sucker" and just taking off to the skies.
- And now I feel called out for point no. 1. Although, I probably missed a lot of your content and that was referenced before, but the idea of Ellie's glittery heritage and the consequences of it (and Ave's thought process) is pretty fascinating to tackle. I like it.
- "The actual My Immortal?" IO: Ah, there's my cue.
- (reads three sentences of the badfic) Oh my god... I am losing my mind.
- Ave: I do not care for the abomination of literature that's happening before us, BOY YOU DO NOT CLAIM YOU'RE OLDER THAN ME!
- The amount of "and"s in the fic is so abhorrent, it can create a new mountain range! ("he's this and this and this, because he's this and this" ASDDFHFW SHADDAP!)
- (shoves Nico back) You're gaaaaaaay!
- “Oh, please, can’t I?" (p. 10) shouldn't that be 'can I?' or am I being dumb ESL again?
- Ah, and there it is... the big finish :D
Overall, it's a classic. Standard, terrible thing, not nearly close to My Immortal levels. Good warm-up and good story there, Ix.
on 2021-11-30 11:19:12 UTC
- Elanor is cute
- “What else can they through at us? The actual My Immortal?” … snickers
- At least they have popcorn
- Poor Grover
- The human beauty rituals bit is funny and a bit of a mood
- The eluded kill scene feels like it needs a horizontal rule or one of the other scene transition marker things (unless there is one there and GDocs on the iPad didn’t show it). I got lost in the time jump.
- … Oh no.
Overall thoughts: We get a good sense of what the problem is and a decent amount of character interactions. This definitely feels like a setup for mission 100, which isn’t necessarily bad - just thought I’d note the impression.
I've been waiting forever for this fic to be riffed! It's great to see Avi again!